Idar Flamme is one of the many one-time visit dungeons in Shadow Hearts: Covenant. The player enters the outer area, which is the most complicated part in the dungeon. It is a maze of large and small passages that sometimes cross each other. It is worth going through these tunnels to find treasures. Not to mention that some of the passages are blocked by eggs that spawn Gigafilaria. They are worth seeking out since each Gigafilaria defeated gives 3 souls. And they usually come in groups of six, giving a good amount of souls if all the eggs are found.
Upon reaching the door to the inner wall, there is a shop that gives the player the option to be dropped off at the entrance to the dungeon. This keeps from going through the entire maze and every enemy encounter to leave the dungeon.
In the inner part of the castle, there are doors with colors surrounding them. Above them the same colored pipe leads directly to the same colored buttons. Pressing these buttons shuts down the color and opens the doors. In this area there is a Will Power. This should be found and equipped, preferably to Lucia since her Aromatherapy can cancel out Status Abnormalities temporarily. This will help greatly in the boss fight.
Through one of the doors, there is the heart of the castle. Here there are two mini bosses: the Mother Filaria. The player fights two first. Then after their defeat, a second pair appears. Once all the Mother Filaria are defeated, the castle heart stops beating and opens the passage to the boss fight. Yuri and the others confront Rasputin, who then becomes Asmodeus.
After defeating Asmodeus, Rasputin tells Yuri that the Holy Mistletoe's curse is permanent. And he also mentions that Nicolai went to Apoina Tower to unleash the stored malice into the world. After this cutscene, Idar Flamme falls apart and disappears.
Enemies Encountered[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Shop[edit | edit source]
|La Cage Aux Songes|
|Thera Leaf||50||Jupiter Fan||4560|
|Thera Seed||120||White Swan||3540|
|Thera Root||300||Blue Serpent||5320|
|Mana Seed||300||Blue Cape||2840|
|Mana Root||500||Combat Suit||4250|
|Pure Leaf||230||Baptism Stole||4560|
|Soul Benediction||150||Western Belt||1700|
|Phoenix Tail||90||Chainmail Belt||2700|
|Talisman of Luck||480||Shell Bracelet||2770|
|Phantom Claw||3240||Feather Bracelet||3050|
|Copper Filament||5160||Mirror Bracelet||3240|
|Steel Rasp||2940||Pocket Watch||5200|
|Sharp Rasp||4400||Will Power||6000|
|Harque Foil||4710||Replacement Man||5200|
|Frozen Tuna||5010||Coral Lariat||5050|
|Saturn Fan||3040||Coral Pendant||5500|
Treasure Chests[edit | edit source]
- Mana Root - At the first intersection.
- Thera Root - From the entrance, go north at the first five intersections, then left at the next. In the next room, take the first intersection north and examine the chest on the left.
- Pure Root - On the right just after the yellow-locked door in the second half of Idar Flamme.
- Jupiter Fan - From the entrance, go north three intersections, then west, and along this corridor is the chest.
- Paralysis 2 - From the entrance, go north two intersections, then east, and the chest is just after a filaria pod.
- Hit Area Expand - In the second half of Idar Flamme, go west, then go north, and open the chest at the next intersection.
- Strike Expand - From the entrance, take the first intersection north, then the next three east. Examine the chest on the right.
- Soul Benediction - From the entrance, take the first intersection north, then the next three east. Examine the chest on the far left.
- Bat's Gold - From the shop, head south, then east, then south again, and watch for a chest on the left side of the corridor.
- Third Key - In the second half of Idar Flamme, go east for three intersections, then north to the dead-end.
- Seal of Speed - In the Mother Filaria Chamber, on the upper platform to the left.
- Cosmic Bracelet - From the entrance, take the first intersection north, then the next three east. Examine the chest on the lower left.
- Silver Bracelet - From the entrance, go north at the first five intersections, then left at the next. In the next room, take the first intersection north and examine the chest on the right.
- Will Power - In the second half of Idar Flamme, turn east, then north, then east at the next two intersections, then turn south to unlock the violet-locked door. Go north at the most recent intersection and into the small room for the chest.
- Feather Bracelet - In the second half of Idar Flamme, go west for two intersections, then turn north, then turn east. The chest is before the green-locked door.
Ground[edit | edit source]
- Replacement Man - In the Mother Filaria chamber, examine the fourth red wall to the right of the north exit.
Enemy Drops[edit | edit source]
- The World - Dropped by Asmodeus.