Kowloon Fortess is the Hong Kong home of Wugui, but has been taken over by Roger Bacon using Wugui's body to create life, possible this was part of his plan in using the Emigre Manuscript.
This place can be unlocked by choosing all the first comments that Alice uses when she is imprisoned by Dehuai. This place is not for the inexperienced, but cannot be visited once you finish Kuihai Tower. Lottery Member No. 10 is here, but only until you clear the boss.
Wugui's Room[edit | edit source]
Upon entering the room, Yuri and Margarete express disgust, and Zhuzhen finds everything a bit out-of-place for a gangster boss. Roger Bacon appears, confirms the Taoist's suspicions, and sends a resurrected Wugui, Cursed Puppet, at the party.
Enemies Encountered[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
Shop[edit | edit source]
|Leather Cap||600||Talisman of Luck||480|
|Studded Cap||1700||Talisman of Mercy||820|
|Casual Belt||600||Talisman of Wisdom||1280|
|Western Belt||600||Mermaid's Tear||70|
|Zodiac Bracelet||10300||Holy Mother Bust||75|
|Cosmic Bracelet||11500||Angel's Feather||80|
|Leonardo's Bear||3300||Imp's Fang||95|
|Voodoo Doll||5200||Phoenix Tail||90|
|Thera Leaf||50||Bronze Arrowhead||100|
|Thera Seed||120||Bronze Dagger||200|
|Mana Leaf||100||Silver Hourglass||100|
|Mana Seed||300||Gold Hourglass||200|
|Pedometer Step Exchange|
|Item||No. of Steps|
|Belt of Power||8000|
Treasure Chest[edit | edit source]
- Mana Root - Chest beside the stairs in the first hallway
- Hand Needle - Chest behind the stairs in the screen to the right of the main hallway
- Face Guard - Hidden up the ladder in the far right room
- Thera Root - Chest in the cell to the right of the blocked-off path
- Pure Root - Chest in the stairwell.
- Soul Benediction - Chest in the room with the wooden bridge
Ground[edit | edit source]
- Lottery Ticket - In urinal across from the Soul Benediction
- Seal of the Soul - In the room off to the left of the blocked-off path
- Wugui Room Key - Inside the desk in the far right room
Lottery Members[edit | edit source]
No.10: Invincible Nee[edit | edit source]
- Ring: Normal
Note: This lottery member is only active until after Wugui is defeated.
Real Life[edit | edit source]
The Kowloon Fortress visited in-game is based on the real location of Kowloon Walled City, although the game developers took a little creative license by giving it the appearance of the Walled City of its later years, rather than the small outpost it would have been in 1915.
At its height, the population is estimated to have been anywhere between 30000-50000 people living in an area of only 6.5 acres (26300m²).
The structure was demolished in 1994 and turned into a park - although some small structures have been preserved.